Buying Property Guide
Add your name to the collection.
Authentic Italian recipes for you to enjoy.
Enjoy photos of Italy, wine making & more.
Proverbs in Italian & English.
Weekly column dedicated to today's Italy.
by Francesca Di Meglio
Articles on growing up Italian.
by Cookie Curci
Una Mamma Italiana
Articles for Italian mammas.
by Tiffany Longo
Sign up for our FREE newsletter.
Test your knowledge of Italy.
|Marinated Fresh Artichoke Hearts
|Recipe contributed by Joe Barracato
- 4 cups water
- 4 medium-sized artichokes
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In medium-sized bowl, combine water and 1/4 cup lemon juice. Set aside.
- Prepare artichokes, 1 at a time: With fingers, snap off and discard all dark-green outer leaves. Then cut off 1 inch straight across top of artichoke, letting only the tender pale-green leaves remain. Cut off stem and trim any remaining tough leaves at base and top of artichoke (artichoke will resemble a closed flower bud). Cut artichoke into 4 wedges; place wedges in lemon-juice mixture.
- When all artichokes have been prepared, remove artichoke pieces, 1 at a time, from lemon-juice mixture to cut out fuzzy choke from center of wedges; cut each wedge into three thin wedges. Immediately return wedges to lemon-juice mixture.
- Drain artichokes and pat dry with paper towels (artichokes will darken on standing).
- Immediately, in medium-sized bowl, combine artichoke wedges, olive oil, garlic, salt, and remaining 1/4 cup lemon juice; cover and refrigerate overnight, stirring occasionally.
Submit a Recipe
Print This Recipe
Shirts & Novelties
Proudly display the colors of Italy with these great products.
The world largest online retailer for Premium Italian Fashions.
Customize your trip to Italy.