Buying Property Guide
Add your name to the collection.
Authentic Italian recipes for you to enjoy.
Enjoy photos of Italy, wine making & more.
Proverbs in Italian & English.
Weekly column dedicated to today's Italy.
by Francesca Di Meglio
Articles on growing up Italian.
by Cookie Curci
Una Mamma Italiana
Articles for Italian mammas.
by Tiffany Longo
Sign up for our FREE newsletter.
Test your knowledge of Italy.
|Recipe contributed by Holli DeLauro
- 1 batch of (my) pasta dough (or pasta dough of your choosing)
- 1 3/4 pound of (my) ricotta cheese (or ricotta cheese of your choosing)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Semolina (or corn meal)
Note: Depending on how dry your cheese is, you may need to add another egg.
- Line a few baking sheets with parchment paper and sprinkle with semolina (or corn meal); set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ricotta, egg, parmiggiano, salt, and pepper.
- Sprinkle some flour on your work surface and lay one sheet of pasta down. With a knife, lightly mark out a grid of squares to your desired size, making sure to not cut through pasta yet. Place a heaping teaspoon of the cheese filling in the center of each square. Lightly brush all the edges of the squares with water. Gently place another sheet of pasta on top, making sure as you press down around the edges to seal the ravioli filling to get rid of any air pockets. Using a knife, pizza cutter, or ravioli cutter, cut into your individual ravioli. (I use a CucinaPro 2 1/2 Ravioli Tray #135-10. It's quick and easy and makes nice sized-ravioli or use the ravioli maker attachment on your Mixmaster).
- Place the ravioli on the prepared baking sheets; let them sit for 1/2 hour.
- Fill a large pot with water, bring to a boil, add your salt and add the ravioli. Cook until they float, then drain and top with your favorite sauce. Mangia!
Submit a Recipe
Print This Recipe
Photos copyright © Holli DeLauro. Used by permission. All rights reserved.
Shirts & Novelties
Proudly display the colors of Italy with these great products.
The world largest online retailer for Premium Italian Fashions.
Customize your trip to Italy.