Buying Property Guide
Add your name to the collection.
Authentic Italian recipes for you to enjoy.
Enjoy photos of Italy, wine making & more.
Proverbs in Italian & English.
Weekly column dedicated to today's Italy.
by Francesca Di Meglio
Articles on growing up Italian.
by Cookie Curci
Una Mamma Italiana
Articles for Italian mammas.
by Tiffany Longo
Sign up for our FREE newsletter.
Test your knowledge of Italy.
|Recipe contributed by Trudy Thelander
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 handfuls roughly torn romaine (Cos) lettuce leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 fresh Roma tomatoes - cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1/2 clove garlic - minced (crushed)
- 1/2 green pepper (capsicum) - julienne
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 small red onion - thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
|Mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Place the salad ingredients in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently to combine just before serving.
Variations: There are lots of possible additions to this basic salad, but keep in mind that it should remain a simple and light salad to accompany a meal. Toss through some garlic-rubbed croutons or a handful of chopped toasted nuts (like walnuts, pine nuts or hazelnuts), finely chopped capers, olives, sun-dried tomatoes or chopped anchovies, or a small amount of shaved or crumbled cheese. Servings 2.
Submit a Recipe
Print This Recipe
Shirts & Novelties
Proudly display the colors of Italy with these great products.
The world largest online retailer for Premium Italian Fashions.
Customize your trip to Italy.