Art, Cuisine, Famous Italians, Festivals, Folklore, Genealogy, Holidays, Hotels, Photos, Real Estate, Sports, Travel and More
Add your name to the collection.
Authentic Italian recipes for you to enjoy.
Enjoy photos of Italy, wine making & more.
Proverbs in Italian & English.
Weekly column dedicated to today's Italy.
by Francesca Di Meglio
Articles on growing up Italian.
by Cookie Curci
Una Mamma Italiana
Articles for Italian mammas.
by Tiffany Longo
Sign up for our FREE newsletter.
Test your knowledge of Italy.
10 Reasons Italian Mammas are the BestMom is always mom, especially when she's from the Boot
Italian mammas are the coolest around. They worship at the altar of you. Most of them will continue to cook and clean for you (and your spouse and kids) long after you leave the nest. They even do laundry, folks! And they will kick you know what in your defense at a moment's notice. But that's just the tip of the Boot. Here are 10 other reasons they're the best:
10. Even now that she's of a certain age, she has the biggest and best hair of any woman you know.
9. She thinks of herself as a young Sofia Loren or Gina Lollobrigida.
8. You are a grown adult, but you still wince when you see her go for the wooden spoon. Said spoon helped make you the man or woman you are today.
7. Her apron is her greatest fashion statement. Man, she makes it look good.
6. She'll tell you that you are her greatest accomplishment, but you'll tell her that it's her eggplant parmigiana. You can't live without the stuff, in fact.
5. No matter what crazy dreams you had as a child or adult, your mamma always believed in you, never gave up on you, and regularly told people – mostly other paesani – you were gonna make it.
4. You are certain she'd give up her life for you. And the fact that she reminds you of this every single day doesn't have anything to do with that belief.
3. Practically no one rivals her when it comes to making you feel guilty. How could you not show up at Christmas after her response to your decision to be with the in-laws was, "Andate. Andate. Provero di non muorire," which translates to, "You go. You go. I will try not to die?" Throwing her hand on her forehead as she said it only further proved her resemblance to Lollobrigida (or any actress really) and worked in getting you to stay. But I digress.
2. Women want to be her. Men want to marry her. Period.
And the No. 1 reason no one can best your Italian mamma is:
1. Perhaps, only your puppy rivals mamma in her unconditional love for you.
Partner Links Shops/Stores Italiansrus Gear
Proudly display the colors of Italy with these great products.
The world largest online retailer for Premium Italian Fashions.