Buying Property Guide
Add your name to the collection.
Authentic Italian recipes for you to enjoy.
Enjoy photos of Italy, wine making & more.
Proverbs in Italian & English.
Weekly column dedicated to today's Italy.
by Francesca Di Meglio
Articles on growing up Italian.
by Cookie Curci
Una Mamma Italiana
Articles for Italian mammas.
by Tiffany Longo
Sign up for our FREE newsletter.
Test your knowledge of Italy.
|Pasta alla Puttanesca
|Recipe contributed by Joe Barracato
- 1 pound spaghetti or pasta
- 1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 28 ounce can plum tomatoes with juices, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 anchovy filets, roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and set aside to dry
- 1 bunch of fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 12 black olives, pitted and cut in halve
- Salt and dried red pepper flakes to taste
|Over medium heat, pour 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large saucepan. Add garlic and red pepper flakes. When garlic is golden add anchovies, olives, capers and walnuts. Lightly smash the anchovies with the back of a spoon to help them dissolve. Let cook for 30 seconds before pouring the plum tomatoes into the pan. Cook for approximately 5 minutes.
About 1½ minutes before the pasta is cooked or the al dente stage, drain the pasta and add it to the saucepan, allowing it to finish cooking in the sauce. Sprinkle freshly chopped parsley and plate. Serve immediately. Serves 4.
Submit a Recipe
Print This Recipe
Shirts & Novelties
Proudly display the colors of Italy with these great products.
The world largest online retailer for Premium Italian Fashions.