Buying Property Guide
Add your name to the collection.
Authentic Italian recipes for you to enjoy.
Enjoy photos of Italy, wine making & more.
Proverbs in Italian & English.
Weekly column dedicated to today's Italy.
by Francesca Di Meglio
Articles on growing up Italian.
by Cookie Curci
Una Mamma Italiana
Articles for Italian mammas.
by Tiffany Longo
Sign up for our FREE newsletter.
Test your knowledge of Italy.
Where in the World are Antonio and Dante?
Antonio & Dante's Next Adventure
|We are windsurfing on Lake Garda
|"Windsurfing is totally awesome Antonio! I would definitely do this again."|
|"It sure is a lot of fun. You know how much I love the water."|
|There a number ways to get to Lake Garda. The following page has information on the closest airports and how to get there by car, train and bus.|
|Below are just some of the interesting facts about Lake Garda.|
- The shape of the lake resembles that of an axe
- It was formed during the Ice Age
- The lake covers an area of 143 square miles
- The shoreline of Lake Garda is 90 miles
- Within the lake are 5 islands: Isola del Garda (which is the largest), Isola dei Conigli (also known as San Biagio), Isola dell'Olivo, Isola di Sogno and Isola di Trimelone
- In 1943 Mussolini formed the Italian Social Republic in the town of Salo, which is located on the shore of Lake Garda
- To the Romans this area was known as Lake Benacus
- This is one of the most popular windsurfing spots in Europe
- On the lake there are two types of winds the Ora (a thermal wind that blows from the south) and the Vento, which is also called the Peler (a wind that comes from the north)
|Lake Garda is a beautiful place to visit. It has something for every one of all ages. If you are looking for a place to spend your next vacation you should seriously consider this area of Italy.|
|"Ciao for now - see you next week for a whole new traveling adventure!"|
|How did you like our latest adventure? We would love to hear from you! Just send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Here is how you can help us on our journey.|
Lake Garda Photo Gallery
Lake Garda Travel Guide
Shirts & Novelties
Proudly display the colors of Italy with these great products.
The world largest online retailer for Premium Italian Fashions.